The job ads can be found here: Accenture Job Advertisement
Apology for the long letter. Hope the readers can bear with the length and the refined version of this cover letter will be my actual cover letter for applying jobs as it is already the time for me to look for jobs :)
Aditya Kristanto Goenawan
10 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Kent Ridge Hall
Singapore, 119617
August 28, 2010
HR Manager
Accenture
250 North Bridge Road
Singapore, 179101
Dear HR Manager,
It is with a great interest that I apply for the position of Graduate Consultant in Accenture. I am final year undergraduate in National University of Singapore, pursuing a Bachelor of Engineering Honors (expected First Class – Major in Electrical Engineering).
The notion of experiencing the global, dynamic and fast-paced culture of Information Technology company like Accenture really excites me. I am confident that by working in Accenture, I would be able to develop my potentials to the fullest; especially through meeting and collaborating with the brightest professionals while contributing in challenging projects.
I have had numerous experiences in the software development field. I have led a team in my hall residence to create deliverables in the form of website and intranet which serve more than 500 residents in specific and public in general using PHP and .NET Technology. This experience allows me not only to learn on how to lead, motivate and work within a team in meeting tight deadlines but also in transforming and negotiating non-technical requirements from clients into a deliverable solution.
Also, recently, I have been selected as 1 out of 1000 students worldwide to participate in Google Summer of Code program to develop a module for Drupal Content Management System. I love to learn on new things and am willing to go the extra miles. These qualities are shown by the fact that in the end of the Google Summer of Code program I did roughly twice amount of works from the initially agreed target. The qualities that I hold lead my work to be mentioned by prominent individual such as Earl Miles (former Sony Music Director of Web Technology) in Drupal Official Podcast and to be demoed in an international-scaled Drupal Conference in Copenhagen.
In addition, I have excellent time management which is shown by the fact that I can juggle my numerous CCA activities while still maintaining a high Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 4.81/5. Not only that, I have also joined national, regional and international programming contests, namely:
In short, I am confident that I have the competencies Accenture is looking for; my educational background, coupled with my leadership and work experiences has been excellent preparation for a career with Accenture. I would appreciate the opportunity to come to your office for interview. You can contact me at +65 97512345 (mobile) or email aditya.kristanto@gmail.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely yours,
Aditya Kristanto Goenawan
Apology for the long letter. Hope the readers can bear with the length and the refined version of this cover letter will be my actual cover letter for applying jobs as it is already the time for me to look for jobs :)
Aditya Kristanto Goenawan
10 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Kent Ridge Hall
Singapore, 119617
August 28, 2010
HR Manager
Accenture
250 North Bridge Road
Singapore, 179101
Dear HR Manager,
It is with a great interest that I apply for the position of Graduate Consultant in Accenture. I am final year undergraduate in National University of Singapore, pursuing a Bachelor of Engineering Honors (expected First Class – Major in Electrical Engineering).
The notion of experiencing the global, dynamic and fast-paced culture of Information Technology company like Accenture really excites me. I am confident that by working in Accenture, I would be able to develop my potentials to the fullest; especially through meeting and collaborating with the brightest professionals while contributing in challenging projects.
I have had numerous experiences in the software development field. I have led a team in my hall residence to create deliverables in the form of website and intranet which serve more than 500 residents in specific and public in general using PHP and .NET Technology. This experience allows me not only to learn on how to lead, motivate and work within a team in meeting tight deadlines but also in transforming and negotiating non-technical requirements from clients into a deliverable solution.
Also, recently, I have been selected as 1 out of 1000 students worldwide to participate in Google Summer of Code program to develop a module for Drupal Content Management System. I love to learn on new things and am willing to go the extra miles. These qualities are shown by the fact that in the end of the Google Summer of Code program I did roughly twice amount of works from the initially agreed target. The qualities that I hold lead my work to be mentioned by prominent individual such as Earl Miles (former Sony Music Director of Web Technology) in Drupal Official Podcast and to be demoed in an international-scaled Drupal Conference in Copenhagen.
In addition, I have excellent time management which is shown by the fact that I can juggle my numerous CCA activities while still maintaining a high Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 4.81/5. Not only that, I have also joined national, regional and international programming contests, namely:
- NUS Representative for Regional Programming Contests (ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest) in Singapore (2007) and Malaysia (2008),
- Indonesia’s Representative (out of four students) for International Olympiad in Informatics 2006 in Mexico,
- Gold Medalist in National Science Olympiad 2005, Indonesia and
- Withstanding Champion in Bina Nusantara Programming Contest, national scaled competition, for 2 years in a row (2005-2006).
In short, I am confident that I have the competencies Accenture is looking for; my educational background, coupled with my leadership and work experiences has been excellent preparation for a career with Accenture. I would appreciate the opportunity to come to your office for interview. You can contact me at +65 97512345 (mobile) or email aditya.kristanto@gmail.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely yours,
Aditya Kristanto Goenawan
Hi Adi,
ReplyDeleteI am deeply impressed with your achievements, skills, experience and academic profile that this application letter reveals. I would hire you right away! The content is complete and convinces the reader that you are indeed fit for the job. The organization is good; the approach is clear and you develop the information accordingly. In general the language is good, but there are a few sentences that I think you should have a second look at.
"I have led a team in my hall"(declarative). Could be changed to: Leading a team in my hall…
"learn on new" (appears a bit in-concise). Could be changed to: learn new…
The format is fine. The overall impression is really good, it engages my attention and convinces my that you are a very good candidate for the job. Good luck with the further process.
Best regards,
Annika
Thanks Annika for the comment and encouragement. I will incorporate the changes that you suggested (along with other similar sentence) into the next draft of my application letter.
ReplyDeleteAnd out of the cover letter topic, I just attended the career talk for Accenture this evening. The talk and networking session really convince me further on applying, so hopefully everything goes well :)
Wow! A really good cover letter!:D I'll definitely call you up for an interview too! haha
ReplyDeleteGood points:
- Identifying with the company. Praising them.
- Personal app letter. Conversing with reader. (thumbs up!)
- 7Cs fulfilled!
- Demostrated language proficiency
- Past experiences, grades, contests portrays you in a very good light to the expectations Accenture seeks out in its job applicants.
Overall, it reflects very well on you. However, I think you should take note of the length. It may exceed 1 page. Hence, instead of including all your accomplishments, you can include the more impt points highlighting your strengths in accordance to the requirements of the company.
All the best Adi!:D
Hi Adi,
ReplyDeleteI am really impressed with all your achievements and awards.You are indeed a befitting candidate for the company.
I think your application letter is nice,covering all the 7C's of writing and depicting good language proficiency.You have highlighted all your accomplishments very efficiently.
However,I think you should mention how you came to know about the job advertisement for the company and I agree with Gen,you could cut down a little of the details while mentioning your achievements.Also,writing "Yours sincerely" at the end would be better.But that said,even I would have hired you straightaway.:)
The fact that all three of us would want to hire you clearly indicates that you have been successful in communicating your message and highlight all your skills effectively out to your reader.
I hope you get in Accenture.:)
Cheers,
Kripa
@Gen:
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments and the suggestions. I indeed need to cut down on the content. I will definitely do that before submitting the 1st draft to Ms. Lim
@Kripa:
Yeah, I hope I can get in. I really want the job there :) And yup, I guess I have missed that point. Thanks for the suggestions and encouragements Kripa!