Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why Is Effective Communication Important to Me?

I, an aspiring entrepreneur, see effective communication as a very important quality that I need to have. As entrepreneurs, ones need to have the ability to convey their ideas across different types of people to attract the clients. Also, entrepreneurs have the requirement of being able to listen to the changing globalized market demands.

In the previous ES2007S classes, types of communication barriers are mentioned, such as background, emotion, sources, etc. Entrepreneurs will be facing those barriers head on due to the fact that they need to deliver the message across different audiences. By learning on how to communicate effectively, the entrepreneurs will be able to overcome the barriers. Thus, effective communication is an important quality for entrepreneur in order to efficaciously deliver the message to wide range of people.

The communication barriers mentioned in the previous paragraph does not only apply to the sender, but also to the receiver of the message. Entrepreneurs need to excel in receiving message from wide range of audiences in order for them to listen and react to the dynamic market demands. So, effective communication again is an important quality for entrepreneur in order to be an “active listener” to all of their clients.

In conclusion, effective communication will enable entrepreneurs to excellently pass the message into different types of people. And also, effective communication will grant ability for entrepreneurs to actively listening to the dynamic globalized market demands. Thus, seeing effective communication’s significance for entrepreneur, it is a very important quality that I must have as an aspiring entrepreneur.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the well-focussed post, Adi.

    I like the very creative perspective adopted, first focussing on the importance of the effectiveness of the senders of messages, then highlighting the significance of the attentiveness of the receivers of messages. In the process, you've also shared relevant examples, shedding light (implicitly) on why effective communication is important to you.

    I noted some language problems for your review. Here are some obvious ones:

    1) "By learning on how to communicate effectively..."
    2) "Entrepreneurs need to excel in receiving message from wide range of audiences in order for them to listen and react to the dynamic market demands."
    3) "...effective communication again is an important quality for entrepreneur in order to be an “active listener” to all of their clients"
    4) "...to excellently pass the message into different types of people."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adi!

    I enjoyed reading your post and on how active listening and reacting are important aspects of communicating effectively!I like how every single argument/point mentioned is linked back to your desired field of occupation- an entrepreneur! :D

    All the best to you, an entrepreneur in the making!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, future-to-be entrepreneur, I am looking forward to seeing a successful you =D

    It is true that communication barriers often occur between entrepreneurs and customers, and I do agree that the latter need a lot of skills in communication to confront various kind of people. I assume that's the reason you're joining effective communication class, and hope you will benefit from it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ms Lim: Thanks for the insightful comment. I came from non-English speaking country. So, some phrases might be fine for me but maybe is not grammatically correct. So, I guess that is where the blogging buddy comes in :)

    @Gen: Thanks for the compliment and the wish. I wish you all the best too in pursuing career in PR industry.

    @Jun Lin: Exactly! You got it correct in the first try. That is the very reason why I join Professional Communication course. Thanks for the wish Jun Lin, all the best for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adi,

    Your thoughts about communication skills required in the field of entrepreneurship are indeed true. As entrepreneurs, it is essential to attract, communicate and understand the requirements of your clients effectively. Also, if you are able to communicate your credibility to others adequately, it is going to earn you more clients and thus more success.

    Infact, according to a survey conducted by University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School in January 2008, entrepreneurs usually face the problem of providing bad customer services as a result of their poor communication skills with the clients. Thus, it is essential for an aspiring entrepreneur like you to be an “active listener” and an effective communicator.
    I wish you all the very best for your dreams.

    Regards,
    Kripa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adi!!!!!

    I found your blog post very interesting.You had discussed the importance of effective communication for entrepreneurs.I do agree with each and every point that you had listed down.I understand how relevant it is for every entrepreneur to put across his ideas effectively and clearly .

    Wish you good luck to become a successful entrepreneur.


    Cheers
    Nivetha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adi,the entrepreneur to-be

    I have to say its not the easiest career to get into so I salute that! Especially when one needs to be properly equipped with the right skills to succeed. Communication is definitely one of those skills and its great to see that you're putting in an effort to improve yourself given that english is also not your first language.

    To be globally competitive, entrepreneurs have alot of barriers to overcome so hopefully ES2007S will be some sort of a starting point. I hope you'll continue to improve yourself and who knows in the future I might see you listed in Forbes magazine!

    ReplyDelete